JoinTheJob.com recommends In2Police, an Independent Training Company dedicated to helping people join the UK police service.
Understanding the Assessment Day is critical to your success. It is so extraordinarily intensive, that justice cannot be done to it by virtual programmes, C.D.s or attempting to explain it on a website. The In2Police team offer a one-day course which can help you to prepare comprehensively for your assessment to become a police officer, Police Community Support Officer or Special Constable. The cost of the course is negligible taken against the cost of your application to the police service failing for 6-12 months (and the associated loss of potential salary?). According to Home Office statistics, only one candidate in seven succeeds.
As a result, you will increase your chances of success by being better prepared than other candidates for the rigours of the police selection process.
An In2Police course offers you the opportunity to practice the assessment exercises face to face with specialised professional trainers who are skilled in all aspects of the Assessment Process. You will be given an effective “dress rehearsal” of the Assessment Day but with tuition, which will comprehensively prepare you for the real thing. In other words, you can make your mistakes on your course, not on your real Assessment day!
On Assessment Day you will be required to:
- Complete, under examination conditions, two Police Initial Recruitment Tests (PIRT) in numeracy and verbal logical reasoning
- Write a report/s, for example on a racist incident that has been reported to you and /or …
- Write a letter, e.g. dealing with a customer complaint
- Complete four 5-minute preparation exercises, where you are given information about a character you will meet in an …
- Interactive/Role play phase which follows each preparation stage
- Pass a Competency Interview comprising 4 questions where the requirement is to speak for 5 minutes on each
To find out more about In2Police, click the links in the menu on the right.